Content pillars are a useful tool for social media marketers. They provide a framework for the content creation process and help to identify the best practices for content marketing.
What are Content Pillars?
Content pillars are the central idea, insight, or concept for a given piece of content. It is what you want to convey to your audience from a particular piece of content.
The main idea behind content pillars is to make sure that all your written pieces focuses on one central idea that is meeting your end goal. This way it will be easier for readers to grasp the message you are trying to convey.
Why are Content Pillars Important?
Content pillars are the building blocks of a content marketing campaign. They are the most important parts of a campaign and they provide the overall framework to create content.
The pillars include:
- Content Strategy
- Content Creation
- Measurement and Analysis
Why You Should Use Content Pillar?
Content pillars are a useful tool for marketers. They provide a framework for the content creation process and help to identify the best practices for content marketing.
Pillars are used as a way of structuring content in order to make it more readable, engaging, and persuasive. It will send a more cohesive message that will resonate with your target audience.
Fundamentals of Creating Content Pillars in 5 Steps
Content pillars are a great way for marketers to organize their content. They can be used by different departments in the marketing team to create content, or they can be used by individual marketers to save time and stay organized.
There are five steps in the process of creating a content pillar:
- Brainstorming: This is where you come up with a list of topics that will fit into your pillar.
- Creating: In this, you create the different formats of content based on the ideas and topics that you gathered.
- Publishing: This is when you distribute all your content on your website, blog, or social media.
- Repurposing: This is when you take existing content and use it in different formats, such as turning it into an infographic, video, blog post, podcast, etc.
- Updating: This is when you update your existing content with new ideas and put more insightful value into it.
5 Essential Content Pillars for Social Media Marketing
Social media is a great way to advertise. It is the most popular marketing tool and it reaches the largest audience. The more content you post on social media, the more popular your brand becomes.
Marketers should always have an objective in mind before they start creating content for their social media marketing. They should always know what they are trying to achieve with that particular post or campaign and how it will benefit them in the long run.
The five essential pillars of social media marketing are:
- Conversational Marketing.
How to Create Customized Pillar Content Marketing Strategies for Each Social Media Page?
Content strategy is not just about creating content. It is about creating the right content for your audience on the right social media channels.
No two social media pages are alike and therefore, each one needs its own customized pillar content marketing strategy.
The first step to create a customized pillar content marketing strategy for your social media page is to identify which of these three pillars it will represent:
- Brand Awareness
- Lead Generation
- Customer Retention
Second step is to identify what type of content will be created for that pillar – video, blog post or infographic.
The third and final step is to identify how much time you can allocate per week for each pillar.
How to Create the Best Social Media Campaigns with Content Pillars?
The best social media campaigns are those that are able to provide a complete experience for their audience. It will have multiple content pillars that work together to create a cohesive and compelling message.
Here are the four pillars of content:
- Pictures: Pictures can be used to tell the story of your brand or product. They are effective to share more complex messages with your audience and provide context in an insightful way.
- Text: Text is an essential part of any social media campaign, because it allows you to share information with your audience in a way that’s easy for them to understand.
- Audio: Audio is often overlooked in social media marketing, but it can be an effective way of connecting with your audience on an emotional level . Audio are potent to share information and is a great way to break up text-heavy posts.
- Video: Videos are a great way for your brand or product to show off what you’re selling and why it’s the best thing on the market. They also allow you to add more emotion into your social media content, making them an effective tool for telling your story.
Content Pillars for Instagram
The content pillars for Instagram are as follows:
- Visuals: It is the most important pillar because it is what catches the attention of the audience. It can be static posts, videos, reels, guides, etc.
- Stories: Stories are a great way to engage your audience and they offer a more personal touch. You can share stuff like announcements, behind the scenes, process involved, audience reaction, etc. on your stories.
- Hashtags: Hashtags are an important part of marketing campaigns on Instagram because they help you reach a wider audience and can also be used to create conversations with other users on Instagram.
- Captions: Captions should be used to provide context for your post and can also be used as a call to action or an opportunity to promote your brand or product.
Content Pillars for Facebook
Facebook has been a popular marketing platform for years now. It has grown in popularity because it is easy to use and the results are fast.
In order to run a successful Facebook campaign, it is important to have a clear understanding of what content pillars you want to focus on.
If you want to promote your business and increase sales, then the best content pillars for Facebook would be Ads. On the other hand, if you want to increase brand awareness or interact with your customers, then a visual post or messenger bot might be more suitable.
There is no one size fits all approach to social media. Every business and niche has different needs and requirements for their social media strategy.
The best way to come up with a winning strategy is by understanding the pillars of social media and then applying them to your unique situation.
We, at Loud Speaker, provide our clients customized social media marketing solutions that can help your brand achieve the desired success. From creating content marketing strategy using the fitting content pillars to driving actionable results, we cover it all.
Get in touch to get a customized marketing proposal for your brand.